Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Squat Day, start of a new cycle


I've started a new training cycle for my squats, too. My end goal for this training cycle is a Nationals-meet-deep 290, which I have done a couple times before in training. The first time I ever squatted 290, I was at The Gym in Plymouth, MN and had Terry Bloom spotting me with Mitch calling my depth. I had a hard time unracking it, lost my balance walking it out, and re-racked it. BUT... I then took a few seconds to re-focus, as I was pretty ticked off that this had happened. I walked it out again with more determination (and my knee wraps feeling like tourniquets about to cause a couple of amputations). I squatted down, heard the call... came back up... and it was a great feeling. That was before IPF World's 2007, pictured above. I need deja' vu all over again!

It was just me and Mitch training squats yesterday in the Icebox, a.k.a. power room.


Squats

45x10
45x5
75x3
105x1
135x1 (light knee wraps)
165x1 (loose training suit and wraps)
195x1
225x1


Heavy SQ of the day...
235x1


Drop sets...
205x4x2 (4 reps feel like cardio to me, lol...my hips were still burning from the deads last week)


Heavy walkout
265 x slow count of 10


Static hold
295 x slow count of 10


Laying leg curls
60x10x3

No comments: