Thursday, December 18, 2008

340 lb. deadlift attempt -- to the knees

I tend to go out on a limb, which is what I did today. I attempted a 340 lb. deadlift this a.m. weighing 102 lbs. (you have to do strange things every so often) and managed to get it up to my knees. This was my first time ever trying to pull this amount.

My last full powerlifting meet was Nov. 8th, when I gritted-out 335 lbs. but it went smoothly... so after I recovered from this half-pull today, I pointed at that ominous loaded bar and said (OK, growled), "I know I've got that lift!!!!!!!"

...just not today :(

Back in July, I attempted 336 lbs. at a single-lift WABDL meet, and in November, I got that 335 lbs. in a full power meet. So it was probably a little too soon to try this. However, with the fairly easy 320 last week, I would have ordinarily gone up 10-15 lbs. to 330 or 335 for my heavy single today. But I've done that already and really wanted to just get that new number in my hands. Even if it went for only half a ride.

Below, the (half) footage:




Fuel for the fire... next time!!!

2 comments:

fawn said...

Next time Cheryl.
It is hard for me to do anything other than sleep this time of year, let alone get a DL PR! I'm going to go take a nap now...

PetitePowerlifter said...

Thanks, Fawn!

Zzzzzzzzzzz...

Good enough... now it's time for you to go for it!! :)