Friday, December 12, 2008

Deadlift Day (320x1 and 290x2)

Here's how my deadlift day went yesterday:

Sumo Deadlifts
45x6 (this set conventionals)
45x6
135x1
165x1
195x1
225x1

suit...
255x1
285x1

Heavy single of the day...
320x1 (came up strong, minimal effort for this weight)

Drop set...
290x2 (easiest double of 290 I've ever pulled, to my surprise -- I felt I had another 1 or possibly even 2 more in the tank)

Conventional DLs
260x2 (straps down)

Assistance work? No (again). Crazy as it sounds, it appears to me that my minimalist training, further minimized, seems to be helping me get to where I want to be. I continue to have great confidence with this lift and feel that 340 (at a meet, 341.5 or 155 kgs.) is a realistic goal in the near future.

Are we talking... maybe even next week? Hmmm....

But an even bigger question... can I ever translate this sort of confidence into similar progress for the other two lifts? HMMM...

Here's a video of a 319.5 lb. (I just call it 320) deadlift from back in da' day... well, May 2006. This was at the WABDL Midwest Regionals, breaking their National DL Record at 97 lbs. bodyweight...

4 comments:

fawn said...

I love that video... Cheryl you are a total deadlift stud (babe). The only thing better than the video is seeing you lift in person.

PetitePowerlifter said...

This, coming from the next, up-and-coming deadlift stud/babe (and the squat babe who doesn't even need knee sleeves). I am always grateful for your encouragement...thanks so much, strong lady!

Mike T Nelson said...

Nice work!!! Amazing DL at that body weight--wow!
You will do great at the upcoming meet!
Rock on
Mike N

PetitePowerlifter said...

Thanks a lot for the feedback and confidence, Mike!! Much appreciated :)