Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day Deadlifts

Happy New Year! As you might guess, I started 2009 with a few enjoyable pulls :) I wasn't the only one. Rarely must I work in with someone on my usual DL platform at The Press, but today, it truly was packed in the Icebox (Mitch was pulling on the other platform). That wasn't a problem at all. In fact, more folk ought to be grippin' and rippin' (and squatting and benching) everyday like that.

Thanks to Rick Kolbeck for letting me borrow his Texas Power Bar. Mitch used the Okie and another deadlifting afficionado (with whom I was sharing the platform) was using another bar...

Sumo Deadlifts
45x6 (conventional)
45x6 (sumo)
135x1
165x1
195x1
225x1

Heavy single of the day...
255x1 (black suit to start the new year in a humane, ethical manner)

Drop sets...
225x3x2

Conventional DLs
195x3x2

The Press closed at 1:00 pm, so we were outta there.

No comments: