Friday, January 9, 2009

The 1-Hour Deadlift Workout

OK, I don't ever want to hear anyone say he or she has no time to exercise/train.

Yesterday, I did something called... training deads in one hour. That's right: one hour of pulls, pulls and nothing but the pulls. Flying through the sets of singles. 60 minutes of grippin' and rippin'. In and outta there... no burger and fries, creeping through the drive-thru on my lunch break. Just baby powder, followed by a new scrape on my knee and a Chocolate-Chocolate Elvis protein shake from The Press.

Plus, I even had time to watch and give feedback to Mitch on his 635 lb. deadlift beforehand!

One hour yields a lifetime of results. As they say, accept no cheap imitations (in this case, for what a "workout" should be).

Sumo Deadlifts
45x6 (conventionals)
45x6
135x1
165x1
195x1
225x1
255x1 (black DL suit since we're taking down the holiday lights, now)

Heavy single of the day...
270x1

Drop sets...
240x3x2

Conventional DLs
210x3 (could/should have been 2 sets, but I'll take it)

There you have it: 60 minutes of pure bliss. Speed not only works in the actual pull itself, I found out. I'll just call this my cardio for the week, too. :)

No comments: