Saturday, January 31, 2009

Breakthrough Bench Day

Two more weeks to go till Women's Nationals... for me, that means two's for working sets.

I'm thankful to say that this is the best bench day I've had in a long time!!

Bench Presses

45x10
65x3
85x1
105x1
125x1
145x1 - F6 shirt
160x1 - this came up shockingly easy, to my surprise

Heavy bench of the day...
170x1 - I have failed with this in training over and over, so this is a breakthrough!

Drop set...
160x2 - after the shock of getting one as a warm up, I was even more stoked after doubling this!

Board Presses
180x2 - Haven't been able to handle this in a while, either... 180 felt like 170 in my hands!

Decline Bench
145x2
155x2
160x2 - that was a PR on the decline bench!

Dips
25x10x2 - HAAAAYYYYY - my first time with a 25-lb. plate chained around me in years!! I didn't know I'd be able to grind 10 reps out, but it wasn't as bad as I thought...thank God I can still turn my head!! (neck hurts, but nowhere near as bad as last year)

Decline Crunches
25x20

Once again, this was a week where I could not get in to do extra tricep/shoulder work, so I am really glad things were strong today. I think I had some more stubborn/"kill it" attitude today and more confidence with handling the weight. That goes a long way...

No comments: