Thursday, July 2, 2009

Raw Deadlift Surprise Today, Meet Attempts Last Saturday

I know I'm taking a while to write about my meet, but since I am crunched for time at the moment, I thought I'd mention two things:

Raw Deadlifts Today

In my first day of training since the Seattle meet, I trained deadlifts raw today (no gear) and somehow got up to a 270 lb. pull!!! Mitch put 2.5 lb. plates on each side of the 265 I loaded, which already seemed like a lot to me (for ungeared pulling) since my best raw deadlift has been 245 lbs. (I just don't train deadlifts raw, past 225 lbs. usually.) Based on how I pulled the 270, somehow Mitch thinks I have an over 300 lb. raw pull. That was pretty cool to do that today -- unexpectedly!!!

Meet Attempts Last Saturday

Here were the sequences of my meet attempts in Seattle last weekend (in lbs.):

SQUAT:
1st - 253
2nd - 281
3rd - 292 -- new state and personal record

BENCH PRESS:
1st - 165 (never opened with this before)
2nd - 182
3rd - 193 -- new state and personal record

DEADLIFT:
1st - 303
2nd - 325
3rd - 342 (missed)

TOTAL: 810 lbs. -- new state and personal record

Here's a video of the 342 lb. deadlift I missed...it slipped out of my right hand: [added 7/3/09]

No comments: