Sunday, June 28, 2009

Results from Seattle: 810 lb. total!!

Just got home, and I'm thankful to say... I busted 800 and got three state records, personal records, and almost had another perfect meet, grabbing 8 for 9!!!

Here's a brief news report with my meet results from yesterday at the USAPL YMCA Summer Power Classic in Seattle!

SQUAT: 292
BENCH PRESS: 193
DEADLIFT: 325 (missed 342)
TOTAL: 810!!

If you're wondering how in the world I added 17 lbs. to my best competition bench, which I had been stuck with for literally YEARS... that was Kevin's incredible coaching!! (I didn't even know what I had actually benched until AFTER I did it.)

Here's a video of that 292 lb. squat, my third attempt:



And a video of my 253 lb. squat opener: [added 6/30/09]



More details, pics and videos to be added... please check back soon. Thanks very much!

2 comments:

Greg Godwin said...

CA you did great with your SQ and BP, and DL was good but i expect you're a bit frustrated to not get the 340+. I think minimalism was vindicated, but the downside may be you get a bit less conditioning. A full meet is a long day even in the USAPL :) Once agaian i could be happier for your success.

PetitePowerlifter said...

THANKS, GG --

You're right, that actually was a longer-than-usual full meet for me. I remember saying from the start of it that I'm more used to being rushed. There were 4 flights, broken into two sessions. My flight had 16 women.

Still, I could have sworn I'd gotten plenty of conditioning while cutting weight -- did plenty of bike riding and treadmill power walking. I usually don't fizzle out for deads... it's usually where things get fun. Feedback from Kevin said that I had plenty in the tank during warm ups. He had to physically push me into a chair to make me sit down, LOL!

He also said my form was a little "off," starting with my 2nd attempt at 325. I was locking my knees prematurely. With the 342 third attempt, the bar slipped out of my right hand when it started slowing down. Not sure if that was preceded by inevitable stalling anyway, or what.

I CAN say that -- not too long after the meet -- my back was fried like it had never been fried before. That may have been from the max effort with the final attempt squat and bench.

Kevin said I hadn't left an ounce on the platform that day!