Saturday, May 9, 2009

PRs of a different kind...

This week, I was able to get some personal records of a different kind:

Fastest deadlift workout ever -- 30 minutes -- while still hitting 315 lbs., and board press personal bests of 200x2 and 205x1 (with a pause!) during a great bench training day today.

Here's some video footage of that:



Once again, great video work by my 11-year-old son, Glen; and Mitch and I were joined by James "Priest" Burdette (holding the boards)...

I put up 175x1 easily, and then attempted 180x1 (shown in the video) which went up slower, but I haven't benched that in over 3 years -- anywhere.

Most exciting, I finally held 200 lbs. in my hands and then did board presses with that for 2 reps!

Here's where training partners make a huge difference: Mitch encouraged me to do another set after that. Priest suggested making that set a 205 lb. single with a pause... and it moved better than the 200 lbs.!

It's still sinking in that I actually held this weight today...

No comments: