Saturday, May 16, 2009

And More PRs!!

Last week, I posted on a couple of "different" PRs (personal records). This week, I continue to be very happy to share that I've taken those further once again...

Thursday, I got up to a 325 lb. deadlift in 30 minutes (what's cool is that it went up with a less effort than other times I've pulled it; it moved smoothly and easily).

And today, I managed to put up a 185x1 BP!!! I have tried this other times in the past and always failed with it. Finally, the day had arrived!

What was cool was that I went from a 170x1 straight to it. The 170 felt slower than usual, so -- although I went into training with the goal of a 185 today, I second-guessed myself -- asking Mitch, who was thinking I should go 180.

But then as I changed the plates, I decided to get rid of all the little plates and slap a 25 lb. next to each 45 lb.... for a 185.

Yes, I really wanted to give it a go again, especially with all the heavy board press work I've been doing for several weeks. I felt that if I hit failure again with it, it would be disappointing but would not devastate me...I needed to give myself the chance to try it by just doing it.

I didn't even bother to ask my kid to video tape this one, because I wasn't sure what would happen.

All that heavy board pressing has made regular benches feel "lighter" than they used to; and I'm finding that they go up a lot easier once they fall into the right path/"groove."

Following this cool PR, I put 205 on the bar and did a double (which was getting tough!)...here's the video of that work:

3 comments:

fawn said...

Way to go Cheryl!

PetitePowerlifter said...

Thanks, Fawn! Fun stuff :)

Kimberly Walford said...

I am so proud of you Cheryl!!